Dr. Pruett graduated form Loma Linda University, school of dentistry in 1973. At that time he took a hospital residency program through Orange County Hospital and Loma Linda. He completed his hospital residency in 1974.
He then moved to Chico, California in 1974 and entered a private practice with Dr. Jack Mallory for 2 years. After that he decided to open up his own practice at Mangrove Medical Center.
Dr. Pruett has had an interest in all phases of dentistry including; orthodontics, T.M.J., (Temporal Mandibular Joint) and cranial mandibular dysfunction for over 20 years. He practices Biological and Neuromuscular Dentistry.
- Dr. Waldemar Brehm, 2 year straight wire orthodontics
- Dr. Levandosky DMD, TMJ course
- Dr. Brock Rondeau full orthodontic course which covered all aspects of functional and fixed orthodontics
- Dr. Wilson's course on anchorage and distal driving of molars.
- John Barnes courses on myo-facial release and and muscle treatment
- Dr. Bob Walker's Chirodontics course that focused on the integration of the whole body (structure, occlusion, TMJ, posture, cranial, nutrition, electrical meridian, acupuncture). This course included the latest high tech equipment for evaluation of theTM joint and occlusion and how it relates to the rest of the body for total health.
- "Real World Endo" which as based on the latest endo techniques.
Dr. Pruett is the only holistic dentist in the area. He feels that dentistry is more than just teeth, it is also abut the role muscles play in the relationship between teeth, bone and alignment of the jaw with the rest of the body. People are not aware that your total health is involved, and that your bite can affect the way you feel.
Associations & Memberships